Tuesday 30 June 2015

The Paleo Diet

For those of you that don't know, I started Crossfit a couple of years ago. I have heard all of the jokes, you know the ones like, "The first rule of Fight Club is to never talk about Fight Club while the first rule of Crossfit is to talk all the f****n time about Crossfit." Well, I must admit that when you start feeling that you are getting results it is difficult not to talk about it.

In saying that I don't think that I have given it 100%. I still can't do a pull up. I still struggle with double unders and my burpees seem to have gotten worse over the last 100 weeks but I had a couple telling me that I look a lot more muscular and look better than before. That is really cool. Thank you.

One of the things that I have learnt is that despite how hard you work in the gym you are not going to get anywhere unless you really watch what you are putting into your body. There is no point in busting your gut at the gym and then going home and having pizza and french fries. (By the way, I am a New Zealander and that is how we eat pizzas with french fries.)

The Crossfit community follow something  call the Paleo Diet and I it is interesting. Lots of protein, lots of vegetables, some nuts, some eggs (I love eggs), and some fruit. Of course that isn't everything but it seems to be working for me.

At the moment, I am reading a book called the Paleo Diet mistakes and I was really happy this morning to read that kimchi is an accepted part of the Diet. I love kimchi although the first time I had it in Korea I got food poisoning. Of course it could have been the meat we had or anything but I blamed the kimchi. It is good though and I have forgiven it and it is a major part of my Paleo Diet. I like it mixed up with pork. MMMM, delicious.

I think with anything that you want in your eating regime you need to make sure that you can keep it going for life. It isn't a two week thing, it is a lifelong thing.

Give it a try and see if you can stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment