Friday 17 April 2015

"That pisses me off!"

I read this article yesterday. http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/245146 As the title suggests, it talks about the 6 behaviours that people in business loathe. It is a really interesting article and I would like to share my thoughts on that today.

The article was written by Adam Callinan and it says that he is an entrepreneur and a venture investor. It sounds as though he knows what he is talking about.

Anyway lets get to two of the  behaviours that people in business can't stand.

Number one, Don't do what you say you are going to do. This is a crucial one for me personally. My friend taught me that every time that you say you are going to do something and you don't do it, it chips away at your confidence so the fact that you don't go to the gym then that is not go for your confidence and you start getting into a rut and as my friend would say "it's all over."

Of course this is a business article and if you say to a customer/client that you are going to do something and you don't do it, your trust has gone and it is all uphill from there.

Number two, constantly looking at your phone. I must admit that I check my phone often throughout the day and if I am on the train then I like to look at articles or read mail on my phone. I don't think that there is much difference doing that than reading a newspaper for example. However, when you are with people that you know and you are in conversation with them, leave your phone in your pocket.

I totally agree with Mr. Callinan. It is really annoying for example when you are on a date and the other person is constantly on their phone. I must admit for me it doesn't do much for my confidence and at times I may think that they are planning their next date after this.

Also what really gets my goat is when people are walking along the street and have their eyes on their phone instead of the way ahead. You basically have to stop in front of them so they don't crash into you. Also if you are unlucky to be walking behind them when they are staring at their phone they are walking incredibly slowly and at times, especially in Tokyo it can be difficult to get past.

I will talk about the remaining pet hates over the next couple of posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment