Saturday 9 May 2015

Confidence Account

I few days ago I participated in a webinar presented by one of the authors of a Golden Hour book that I have a read a couple of times recently, it is called 6 Months to 6 Figures by Peter Voogd. You can find it on Amazon here.

Peter spoke for a couple of hours and although there was some technical difficulties with the production, it was very easy to see and hear Peter's passion and enthusiasm for his work.

One of the things that Peter talked about in his webinar was the concept of the Confidence Account. This is very important for me personally as I am slowing learning, especially over the last couple of months that confidence is crucial in all areas of life and there are some things that you need to do to build your confidence.

Before I talk about them I just want to say that some of the advice out there like "Just be confident" is about as much use as bucket on the Titanic. It's no use at all. However the advice in this webinar was very good and useful for people who are looking to build their confidence levels.

So what does Peter Voogd say about confidence? Basically confidence comes from doing the things you know you should do when you know you should whether you like it or not. For example, this morning I went to the gym and had a class between 8am and 9am. Yesterday I had done a workout which had knocked me out for want of a better phrase. I could have easily said to myself "My bed feels good and it would do me good to spend another couple of hours in bed. I had scheduled it though, it was in the diary so I forced myself to go there and although the workout was very tough and I felt absolutely knackered at the end, I felt good and felt more confident to get things done today.

Another important thing that Peter mentions is that every choice you make in your life is going to hurt your confidence or take away from your confidence. Or every decision takes you either closer or further away from your goals. So my going to the gym this morning took me closer to my goal of supreme fitness. If I had decided to stay in bed, I would have taken a step backwards.

We all have a confidence account and the more deposits you make into that account the better for you and the people around you. Salad or Fench fries? Go home or make another couple of calls? Go and talk to her or order another beer? (Actually that's a difficult decision).

No comments:

Post a Comment